ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAMS: YOU CAN COUNT ON SEDA COLLEGE
People who study English know that proficiency exams are very important because they certify the level of knowledge in the language. In addition, international students in Ireland should, at the end of their course, apply for a proficiency examination for quality control purposes by the Irish authorities.
For this reason, SEDA College offers support and assistance to students by preparing them for English proficiency exams. Check more details below:
DIFFERENT TYPES OF PROFICIENCY EXAMS IN ENGLISH:
There are several types of exams for certain purposes. At SEDA College, students receive support in some of the main ones, such as:
Recommended for any level of English. It’s task-based, where students prepare a logbook based on their time in Ireland and their interests. The exam consists of:
- Conversation test (30 min);
- Quick writing test (60 min) with a question about a logbook and another one out of the subject.
Ideal for Intermediate level students (B1), and it’s based on day-to-day topics. The exam consists of:
- Reading and writing (1h30) – texts and articles of all sort of topics;
- Listening (30 minutes) divided into five parts (short conversations for monologues);
- Conversation test (10-12 minutes) with 2 candidates divided into 4 parts.
Ideal for Upper Intermediate level students (B2) and Advanced level students (C1). It’s accepted by many universities and institutions. The exam consists of:
- Reading and English grammar (1h15) separated into seven parts;
- Writing (1h20) two different parts;
- Listening (40min) four parts;
- Conversation test (14min) two candidates in four parts.
Ideal for Advanced level students (C1). Widely sought after by employers and accepted by universities. The exam consists of:
- Reading and English grammar (1h30) separated into eight parts;
- Writing (1h30) divided into two parts;
- Listening (40min) four parts;
- Conversation test (14min) with two candidates divided into four parts.
Ideal for Upper Intermediate (B2) and Advanced (C1) level students. It’s also widely sought after by employers and accepted in universities. It consists of:
READ MORE: GET TO KNOW THE ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT OF SEDA COLLEGE
WHAT IS THE SUPPORT OF SEDA COLLEGE?
As part of the SEDA curriculum, each level gets prepared for a different type exam in their second class, where students get tips, do exercises, and simulations. Furthermore, there are extra classes every month for students at different levels to prepare them for their exams.
In addition, SEDA College has a professional dedicated to helping students with English proficiency exams.
This professional provides individual lessons, prepares study materials, does simulation, teaches strategies for exams, and other important points.
“Many students feel that they will forget everything at the time of the conversation, for example, so I also work on this aspect, making them feel more confident when their exam comes up. In addition, I give feedback on what they are doing and I advise them on what can be improved, “explains Sarah Gill, Examinations Officer at SEDA College.
READ MORE: GET TO KNOW SEDA COLLEGE
TIPS TO DO WELL IN YOUR EXAMS:
Sarah also gave some tips to who will do some of the exams:
- Be ready! Don’t start your preparation one week before the exam;
- Dedicate yourself as much as you can and learn some strategies for each part;
- Close to the day of the exam, try to practice the stipulated time limit that they give you;
- Make sure you know what to do in all parts of the exam;
- Have a good night of sleep the night before, so you will be rested and ready!
- Those who need more information can contact us by emailing [email protected]
Do you want to learn English online with native speakers? Check our online platform and go for it!