Health Insurance is provided through SEDA for emergency situations that may arise. This means that if you become ill during your time in Ireland and need to go to the hospital, you won’t have to pay for medical costs. It’s better to be safe than sorry!

What is health insurance

Health Insurance is an Insurance policy you buy which means that if you become ill during your time in Ireland you won’t have to pay for medical costs.

Do I need health insurance? I already have health insurance

Many travel insurance policies will cover medical expenses, but only for the first 15 to 30 days from your arrival in the country. Once you are a student in Ireland, you will be officially resident here, so you need health Insurance as well as travel insurance.

Do I need health insurance? I’m European

If you come from one of the EU member states, you are entitled to pay the same fees as an Irish person for visits to hospital or the doctor. Make sure you request an E111 card before you arrive. Be aware though, that going to the doctor in Ireland costs around €50-60, which you may have to pay even with an E111 card. Buying health insurance (or travel insurance for a short course) may bring you peace of mind.

Do I need health insurance? I’m from outside Europe

If you are from a country which is not in the EU and you will be studying or staying in Ireland for more than 90 days, you will need to get a student visa. To get a student visa, you need to have government approved health insurance.

Where can I get insurance?

You can get insurance either in Ireland or in your own country. It’s important to make sure that the policy you buy will be accepted by the department of Immigration in Ireland. If you choose to, you can buy your Insurance directly from the school. It costs €150 for one year.

Quick Contact

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search