The English language is very rich and full of cool things, and for those who are learning or are passionate about the it, it’s nice to know some of its curious aspects. Check below 7 curiosities about the English language:
– The most common letter in English is the letter ‘E’ – it represents 11% of what is written in the language. One in eight words in English is spelled with “E”;
– When it comes to the beginning of the words, a lot of English words begin with the letter “S” more than with any other letter of the alphabet;
– English is the official language of the international aviation: no matter which country you are flying over, every pilot must speak English on international flights;
– A pangram is a phrase that uses all the letters of the alphabet of a language. It’s used to test the keyboards. In English, the best-known pangram is: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog;
READ MORE: 6 SERIES ON NETFLIX TO TEST YOUR ENGLISH
– Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is the longest word of the English language;
– The word ‘Set’ has more definitions than any other word;
– The most complicated tongue-twister in English is: “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick”.
So, did you know any of these curiosities before? Let us know.
Do you want to learn English online with native speakers? Check our online platform and go for it!